Let’s face it: Oranges smell fantastic. Their peels smell fantastic as well. That strong citrus smell is great at masking unpleasant odors across your home.
- Put a handful of fresh orange peels, some lemon juice, and some cinnamon sticks in 2 cups of water. Boil for 10 minutes. Strain, allow the mixture to cool and then transfer it into a spray bottle. Use as needed!
- Put some orange peel powder in small bottles and use them around the house.
- Put dried orange peels at the bottom of your trashcan to stop those awful smells from cropping up.
8. Repels Mosquitos and Ants
Bugs suck. But you’re in luck – they hate orange peels! They don’t like the limonene (which contributes to the citrus smell) in the orange peels. This actually works with all citrus fruit peels.
- Make some orange peel powder and put it in areas where bugs congregate.
- Rub fresh orange peels all over your skin to act as a natural bug repellent.
There you have it – don’t throw out those orange peels!